Re: Help Requests

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Help Requests
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 20:40:57 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, David Wolfe wrote:

> > AFAIK There's a third possibility : you could setup a dist-hook target
> > in Makefile.am which allows you to specify completely your dist rule
>
> I suspect I'm too lazy for that. ;-)  Seems like it would be more fun to
> take a stab at hacking automake to work with my setup.  Or is the
> "config files must be in the top-level dir" rule so ingrained into the
> tool that this is extremely unlikely?

I don't believe that the config files need to be in the top level
directory.  You can place those elsewhere since Autoconf & Automake
can be told where to find the tools.  The only claim I have seen is
that the top Makefile.am/Makefile.in has to be at the top of the
source tree.  That only makes for two files in the top directory, for
a total of three once the source tree is configured.

If you are exceedingly lazy, you might want to look for a new line of
work. :-)

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden