Re: HEAD test suite - 6 failures.

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: HEAD test suite - 6 failures.
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:07:19 +1100

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 00:47, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

>  Robert> that the scripts in lib/ aren't chmodded correctly.
>
> Why aren't they?  How did they loose their permissions?

Errm, that was my fault. An oversight in a cvs extracting tool, that I
wasn't aware of at the time.

>  Robert> Perhaps 'make' should chmod them to the recommended mode ?
>
> I'd prefer we find (and possibly fix) the guilty tool that
> resets permissions.

CVS doesn't manage permissions - it only duplicates then at file
creation time. It seems fragile to me to expect this permission ignorant
program to Do The Right Thing.

Still, my problem is fixed, and it won't bite me again.

Rob