Re: Can this be automade?

From: David Wolfe
Subject: Re: Can this be automade?
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:45:47 -0500

> I'm working on a project that has a lot of components that all reside
> in their own directory. Before i can make them i need to run a script
> to set up a bunch of links...

I may've misunderstood your problem, so forgive me if this 'obvious'
response doesn't apply to your case.  It seems like you should be able
to do just about anything you need to using AC_CONFIG_LINKS and some
shell code in your configure.ac file.  For example, you can do things
like:

dnl Get canonical host name into $host
AC_CANONICAL_HOST

dnl Set the arch prefix based on the host
case $host in
*-*-*qnx*)
  arch=qnx
  ;;
*-*-*irix*)
  arch=irix
  ;;
#(etc, etc.)
esac

AC_CONFIG_LINKS(machine.c:${arch}/machine.c
                machine.h:${arch}/machine.h)

See:
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.57/html_mono/autoconf.html#SEC32

for more details...