Re: mailing list archives

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:59:42 +0100

>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> writes:

 Thomas> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
 >> address@hidden is only archived at mail.gnu.org and
 >> gmane.org.  It is quite young so the mail.gnu.org archive is
 >> complete, however I fear the day it will be cut.

 Thomas> any idea what fraction of the archive is spam?

For address@hidden I've counted 8 spams in 2003.
I may have missed one or two, but this looks negligible (<1%).

If you were talking about all the archives in general I've no
idea.  I guess it's probably worse on the bug lists since
they are advertised a lot.  My favorite is the bug-automake
archive of 2002
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/bug-automake/2002/
at some point during the summer gnu.org activated spamassassin,
and that shows!
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz