Re: GNU Automake 1.8.2 released

From: Lars Hecking
Subject: Re: GNU Automake 1.8.2 released
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:59:23 +0000

Alexandre Duret-Lutz writes:
> I'm embarassed to announce the release of Automake 1.8.2.

 And rightly so ;-)

 It fails two tests here on Solaris 9 - acloca14.test and conflnk3.test.

...checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/gnu/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
configure: creating ./config.status
 /bin/bash ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
aclocal.m4 stamp differ: char 42, line 1
FAIL: acloca14.test

 If this test does what I think it does (comparing a generated aclocal.m4
 with a non-generated) it fails because the former was generated by the
 installed version of aclocal, and the actual difference is caused by the
 version strings inserted by aclocal.

 I _think_ the other test fails because it uses test -e, which is not
 supported in Solaris' /bin/sh:

config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating sdir/Makefile
config.status: linking ./src2 to sdir/dest2
config.status: linking ./sdir/src3 to sdir/dest3
config.status: linking ./src to dest
config.status: linking ./sdir/dest2 to dest4
config.status: linking ./src to dest5
./conflnk3.test: test: argument expected
FAIL: conflnk3.test