Re: RFC: doc for `Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs'

From: Eric Sunshine
Subject: Re: RFC: doc for `Handling Tools that Produce Many Outputs'
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:48:46 -0500

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:28:29 +0100, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
> I'm posting it here for comment.  (In fact I'm mainly hoping
> that some kind fellow will point out English mistakes...)

It is well written.

> One of the output (here `data.c') is used as a witness of the run of
> `foo'.

Perhaps: "One of the output files (here `data.c')..."

> The other files depend on that witness.

Perhaps: "The other files depend upon that witness."

> For this reason, it is often better to use another file
> (not any output) as witness.

Perhaps: "For this reason, it is often better to use a different file (not
one of the output files) as the witness"

> It is then renamed as `data.stamp' after `foo' has run

Perhaps: "It is then renamed to `data.stamp' after `foo' has run"

-- ES