Re: Conditional Library Compilation

From: Frederik Fouvry
Subject: Re: Conditional Library Compilation
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:40:12 +0100 (CET)

,-- On Thu, 5 Feb, Scott B. Drummonds wrote:

[...]

| > From the above indented output I believe you are running a
| > relic.  Probably automake 1.4 or older.  The last version is 1.8.2,
| > and what you do should work with 1.6 or later.
|
| You are correct that I am running an old version.  However, upgrade is
| nearly impossible.  But, thank you for the information.

You can install it on other places than /usr/share or /usr/local
(forgot which one is the default) with

./configure --prefix=/some/local/path

It's sufficient that you can create files _somewhere_.  You also
need to make sure that the correct automake is called (by putting
/some/local/path/bin before /usr/bin in $PATH).

Frederik Fouvry