Re: AM_AUTOCONF does not work?

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: AM_AUTOCONF does not work?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:50:39 +0100

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 10:02, Jose Roman Bilbao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody tell my why this code is not substituting the variable
> WITH_OPENGL in my automake.am and how should I write it to work?
>
> MDL_HAVE_OPENGL
>
> AM_CONDITIONAL( WITH_OPENGL, test -n $GL_FLAGS)
> #AM_CONDITIONAL( WITH_OPENGL, test -n $GL_LIBS)
>
> AC_SUBST([WITH_OPENGL])

As I already tried to explain the last time when you asked
essentially the same question: Because the WITH_OPENGL passed to
AM_CONDITIONAL is a string (An m4 string autoconf uses to compose its
internals), and no shell
variable.

You have set up a *shell*-variable named WITH_OPENGL if you want to
AC_SUBST it.

For example something similar to this should work.
WITH_GL=yes
AM_CONDITIONAL(WITH_GL,test -n "$WITH_GL")
AC_SUBST(WITH_GL)