Re: html texinfo install?

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: html texinfo install?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:57:45 -0500

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:19:05PM -0800, Bruce Korb wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
>
> >     1.  Please shorten to "html" (as is done for "ps")
> >
> > I'm not sure.  By Bob's argument, `html' could be useful to stand for
> > any sort of HTML generation, if there is non-Texinfo documentation involved.
>
> Yeah!  That's the idea!  Type in, ``make html'' and any html-making
> gets triggered, whether it is texinfo based or not.  :-)

Or, indeed, whether part is texinfo-based *and* part not.  Of
course, the target for making the texinfo-based subset of the
HTML might indeed be "texinfohtml", and correspondingly for
install and uninstall.  But that should be purely a detail of
automake's implementation:
        html:  texinfohtml  whatever_other_html_targets_make_sense

It need not, and IMO should not, be mentioned in the coding
standards.

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau