Automake and generated source code

From: Andrey Kiselev
Subject: Automake and generated source code
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:15:28 +0400

Hi, folks,

I have the following problem with automake: one of the source files in
my project generated using auxiliary program (let's call that utility
'generator'). How to handle such a case with automake? Now I'm using

 noinst_PROGRAMS = generator
 generator_SOURCES = generator.c

followed by the rule producing missing source file. This works fine
until we are not in the cross compilation environment. In the case of
cross compiler 'generator' utility should be built with the local
compiler (CC_FOR_BUILD), not with the target one. How to modify my
automake macros to handle that case? Or the only way to do that is
writing custom rules for generator?

                                                Best regards,
                                                Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517