Re: Automake 1.8.3 doesn't build?

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Automake 1.8.3 doesn't build?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:32:35 +0200

>>> "Eric" == Eric Sunshine <address@hidden> writes:

 Eric> Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
 >> This suggests that shell running this code does not split
 >> $list and $subdir get the full list.  Zsh would do that.
 >> Could you compare the output of   grep 'SHELL =' Makefile
 >> on the working and non-working tarballs?
 >> CVS Autoconf has a new SHELL selection code.  That could explain it.

 Eric> The early shell selection changes in CVS made by Paolo would prefer
 Eric> zsh over other shells if present (and if zsh seemed to offer what
 Eric> Autoconf wanted). However, present day CVS Autoconf (following the
 Eric> lengthy discussion and series of patches by Paolo, Paul, and myself)
 Eric> has been changed so that it will no longer choose zsh. If you
 Eric> generated the Automake configure script at the time when CVS Autoconf
 Eric> prefered zsh, then that could explain things.

Bob, I've built Automake 1.8.3b with the latest CVS Autoconf.
Could you check whether that fixes your problem?

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/automake/automake-1.8.3b.tar.bz2
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz