Re: `AM_PROG_AS' not found

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: `AM_PROG_AS' not found
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:30:28 +0200

>>> "mks" == mks  <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 mks> address@hidden g6]# make
 mks> cd . && aclocal -I macros -I m4
 mks> aclocal: configure.in: 14: macro `AM_PROG_AS' not found in library
 mks> make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

 mks> Following the advice found via Google, I updated automake, but still
 mks> get the same error messages. This:

 mks> address@hidden g6]# rpm -qa|grep auto
 mks> automake1.7-1.7.9-1mdk
 mks> autoconf-2.13-19mdk
 mks> autoconf2.5-2.59-3mdk
 mks> automake-1.4-23.p6.mdk

 mks> suggests that I have created a mix of old and new automake
 mks> and autoconf. Would anyone care to guess what I should do
 mks> next?

aclocal --version to know which version you are running

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz