Re: Makefile.am for GNU ed

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: Makefile.am for GNU ed
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:23:52 +0100

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 04:06:50PM -0500, Stephen Torri wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-04-24 at 15:21, John Poltorak wrote:
> > I've never written a Makefile.am file but would like to have a try...
> >
> > GNU ed seems like a relatively simple app, so I'd be interested in writing
> > one for it. Can anyone suggest where I start?
>
> Create a simple app that prints out a string. See your favorite hello
> world code. Use automake and autoconf to build the program by creating a
> simple Makefile.am and a configure.in.

I tried that once but it isn't very instructive when using libraries.

I'm trying to retro-fit a Makefile.am into GNU ed for my own purposes but
am unsure about how to handle libs...

If I have seperate headers for a bin and a lib program should they all be
included under noinst_HEADERS as in:-  ?

bin_SOURCES = bin_a.c bin_bf.c
noinst_HEADERS = bin_a.h bin_b.h

noinst_LIBRARIES = liblib.a

or should noiinst_HEADERS be split between the bin and the lib?

--
John