Re: searching for libtool.m4 in tests/defs

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: searching for libtool.m4 in tests/defs
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 21:14:50 +0200

>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

 Ralf> The Automake test suite (CVS HEAD version) explicitly looks for
 Ralf> libtool.m4 in aclocaldir and a list of directories specified in the
 Ralf> dirlist file there.  Now recent CVS Libtool versions remove libtool.m4
 Ralf> from that location and add it to .../share/libtool/m4/ .

Yep.  Gary agreed to revert this and populate
/usr/share/aclocal/ as in the past.  But it's not a big deal to
work around: simply copy these files to /usr/share/aclocal by
hand.

Gary, I've also noticed that in packages that do not use
`ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4dir' the libtoolize script will dump all
m4 macros in the current directory.  This sounds bogus because
no tool will read these macros there.  People that do not use
`-I m4dir' simply want their aclocal.m4 filled.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz