Re: excessive bounces

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: excessive bounces
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 06:45:18 +0200

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 18:58, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2004, Lars Hecking wrote:

> > o Ruthless use of DNS blacklists before mails reach anti-spam. Most of
> >   spam on GNU lists originates from "known bad boys" - Korea, China,
> >   dialup/dyn-ip hosts, Comcast, *bell etc. Recommended reading:
> >   http://makeashorterlink.com/?D20312968.
> >   sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org alone would probably work wonders.
>
> Usually this is good, but lately I have been noticing that substantial
> email is arbitrarily rejected due temporary local DNS issues or bugs.
This matches with what I am currently experiencing.

> It is not pleasant to be on the wrong end of this.
Yeah, I currently seem to be.

If this message doesn't appear on the automake-list in short terms, it
probably has been filtered out by black-lists black-listing my home-ISP
Interestingly some of the common spam-hole checkers, some black-lists
use, list some individual IPs my ISP uses, but don't black-list
neighboring IPs.