location of .h's in library

From: David T Farning
Subject: location of .h's in library
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:50:39 -0500

I am working on my first attempt at building a library in c using
automake.  I would like the verify the location and use of the header
files.  Could someone verify or correct my assumptions.

1. headers internal to the library should located in /src
2. those headers should be dependencies under _SOURCES =
3. follow normal header rules of one .h per .c

4. public prototypes should be located in /includes
5. these header will be installed in prefix/includes via
        _include_DATA =
6. use very few public headers to prevent the need for library users
        to need many #includes.

thanks
-dtf