Saving configuration files using automake

From: Kevin Nowaczyk
Subject: Saving configuration files using automake
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 16:32:28 -0700 (PDT)

When the admin types `make install` I would like a
file "project/doc/foo.conf" to be placed in
"/etc/foo.conf".

The configure script generated by autogen.sh contains
the line:
sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc'

My question is...What do I put in
project/doc/Makefile.am to tell make that foo.conf is
a system configuration file.

I've read the automake manual and it doesn't mention
this. I've also seached google and even downloaded the
source code for zgv to see how IT does this, but I
can't figure it out.

Alternatively, is there another way this should be
done that I'm not thinking of.

Thanks,
Kevin Nowaczyk

=====
Manage your PEZ collection online.  Visit PezBase at
http://www.beakerboy.com:8081