auto2rpm: Build rpms automatically from autotooled tarballs

From: Richard Dawe
Subject: auto2rpm: Build rpms automatically from autotooled tarballs
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 16:07:03 +0100

Hello.

I've written auto2rpm, a tool to automatically build binary and source rpms from tarballs using the autotools (autoconf, automake and optionally libtool).

For those who know about Perl, this works a bit like cpan2rpm.

The source tarball should produced using the "dist" target available in the Makefiles generated by GNU automake. Here is an example usage for the project "foo" version 1.2. This is in the top-level directory, assuming that configure has already been run:

  make dist
  auto2rpm foo-1.2.tar.gz

You can download it from here:

  http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/auto2rpm/

Available are a tarball, a binary and a source rpm.

If you have any comments, problems, suggestions, etc., please let me know.

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~phekda/richdawe/ ]

"You can't evaluate a man by logic alone."
  -- McCoy, "I, Mudd", Star Trek