Re: anti-spam, please?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: anti-spam, please?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:31:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Adam Monsen wrote:

Could we please get some anti-spam protection on this mailing list?
There's almost more noise than signal.

I don't see this noise since I use bogofilter to filter out almost all SPAM (500-1000 SPAM messages/day). However, recently I have encountered lots of problems with sites that won't accept my mail due to poorly-implemented anti-SPAM measures. If there is a trade-off, I would rather receive (and filter) SPAM than not be able to post to lists.

There is an apparent FSF policy that non-subscribers should be able to post to GNU mailing lists. This policy is one reason why there is so much SPAM on the lists. The alternative is that many useful postings would not be posted to the lists.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden