Re: specifying include directory

From: J.T. Conklin
Subject: Re: specifying include directory
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:00:53 -0700

address@hidden (J.T. Conklin) writes:
> I think that explicitly setting installdir to @includedir@/foo, etc.
> in the Makefile.am's will work --- but before I do that I thought I'd
> ask whether there a recommended best practice for this?

I just finished trying this, and instead of providing another includedir
definition overriding the default as I expected, my defintion replaced
it.  So it seems that automake has knowledge of includedir, etc. and a
definition is all that was needed.   Now that I've tried it out, I can
sort of see it described in the "Uniform" node --- but it wasn't clear
to me on first reading.

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin