Re: Automake 1.9 problem?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Automake 1.9 problem?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:57:38 +0200

Alvaro Lopez Ortega writes:

   I have a «little» problem with the new automake release.  It prints
   the following error messages:

========
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
========

   processing these files:

   http://cvs.alobbs.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/cherokee/src/Makefile.am?rev=1.81
   http://cvs.alobbs.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/cherokee/Makefile.am?rev=1.27

Unfortunately, cvs.alobbs.com seems to be unreachable, so I have to guess.

   the generated Makefiles includes this piece of code that makes it
   fail:

========
@AMDEP_TRUE@@am__include@ @address@hidden/$(DEPDIR)/address@hidden@
========

   Is this an automake problem? or maybe I have made a mistake ':-)

Guess one: You forgot AC_PROG_CC in configure.ac.
Guess two: You gave Automake the option no-dependencies and there is
really a bug in Automake (there's been a similar report before).

But without more details it's hard to tell.  Best would be if you
posted a small complete example (including configure.ac and Makefile.am)
exposing the issue.

Regards,