Error because README is missing

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Error because README is missing
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:02:23 -0400

Hi all;

In the GNU make package I don't have a README file when it is first
checked out from CVS.  There is a README.in which is translated into a
README, replacing the version info etc.

This used to work but now automake is failing:

  Makefile.am: required file `./README' not found

Any hints on how I can convince automake that the file will really be
there by the time the package is already built, so it doesn't give this
error?

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools