Re: glade & automake

From: tomas
Subject: Re: glade & automake
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:05:57 +0200

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 01:41:50AM +0200, Jonas Weismueller wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to compile a simple GTK application generated by glade.
> Tutorials are saying to run autogen.sh . I did, but with errors

To me it seems you have an application generated by a quite old glade
(which targets old auto* tools).

Alas, things changed quite fast the last years in this region of the
world. I see two choices for you: upgrade to glade-2 or downgrade your
auto*tools.

This lack of cross-compatibility across time is quite an annoyance,
but it seems a non-trivial task to tackle.

As I said, it's only me guessing. We would know for sure if you posted
the first couple of lines of the *.glade file of your project. Glade
(aka glade-1) looks a bit like:

 | <?xml version="1.0"?>
 | <GTK-Interface>
 |
 | <project>
 ...blah blah...

and glade-2 suchly:

 | <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?> <!--*- mode: xml -*-->
 | <!DOCTYPE glade-interface SYSTEM "http://glade.gnome.org/glade-2.0.dtd";>
 |
 | <glade-interface>
 ...blah blah...

I'd say it's more of an issue for the glade mailing list -- they
should know better which versions of auto* go with which versions
of glade.

HTH
-- tomas