Re: Creating some directory at install time.

From: Lucas Brasilino
Subject: Re: Creating some directory at install time.
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 13:15:59 -0300

Hi Richard:

You could use an install-*-local target in your Makefile.am. See the following info page:

  info automake extending

This would need to be:

  $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(localstatedir)/lib/$(PACKAGE)

so that DESTDIR installs are supported. These are where the package installed under a different prefix than it was configured. E.g.: it may be installed like this:

  make install DESTDIR=/some/path

See the section "Staged Installs" under:

  info automake install

        Thanks a lot. It really helps. I've got another issue...
which is quite philosophical. At another directory called
'example' I've got a number of XML docs that should be installed.
So I created the following Makefile.am:

exampledir = $(localstatedir)/lib/$(PACKAGE)
example_DATA =  _default.xml \
                http.xml \
                pop.xml \
                smtp.xml \
                telnet.xml \
                cvs.xml \
                ftp.xml \
                ldap.xml \
                ssh.xml

        Is that right using 'DATA' primitive with this type of file?
Should I change 'exampledir' to '$(DESTDIR)$(localstatedir)/lib/$(PACKAGE) ?

thanks in advance

regards
--

[]'s