Re: License of m4/ltoptions.m4

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: License of m4/ltoptions.m4
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:57:52 -0800

Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

> "or any derived output" is a lame attempt to allow tools such as
> aclocal (without singling out aclocal) to preprocess the file,
> as long as the intent is to build a configure script.

I like the idea, but how about if we generalize it to allow
any configuration-file generator?  That simplifies it somewhat.

Something like the following, perhaps?  It also attempts to
incorporate Gary's suggestions.

As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
distribute this file as part of a package that automatically derives
from this file a configuration script (and perhaps some associated
intermediate files), then you may distribute this file and the derived
files for that purpose, under the same terms that you use for the rest
of the package.