Re: automake during development

From: jfasch
Subject: Re: automake during development
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:41:51 +0100 (CET)

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan  <address@hidden> writes:

Jonathan> Hi, I'm having trouble finding an answer to this question:
Jonathan> My team is trying to use automake for a C++ project we are developing.
Jonathan>  The project design has been changing rapidly and we are finding that
Jonathan> keeping the list of source files in Makefile.am up to sync with the
Jonathan> contents of the directory is very inconvenient.

Jonathan> An ideal solution would generate an object file for each .cpp file in
Jonathan> the directory but I cannot seem to find information on doing this with
Jonathan> automake.  Information I do find seems to point to wildcard solutions
Jonathan> not being portable.

Jonathan> Does a portable solution for this exist or must the Makefile.am file
Jonathan> be updated every time a file is added or removed from the project?

You might consider taking a look at confix (confix.sf.net), which
generates autotools input from your source files.

Joerg