Re: Error because README is missing

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Error because README is missing
Date: 05 Dec 2004 14:25:56 -0500

%% Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

  ad> Finally, note that you are allowed to ask config.status to perform
  ad> substitutions on files it doesn't know[1].  In your case, I'm unsure
  ad> binding the instantiation to configure instead of make is right.

Doh!

I thought this would be the perfect answer but I completely forgot: the
whole point behind build.sh is that you _DON'T HAVE A MAKE PROGRAM_!

This shell script lets you build the GNU make distribution on a system
with no native make installed.

So, I can't put the rules to build the build.sh file in the Makefile,
since when you need build.sh there will not be any make to run the
Makefile.

I suppose I could tell those folks to run the config.status step by
hand, but I'd really like to get this built through the configure
script.  Ideas?

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools