'make ctags' and vim

From: Konstantin Osipov
Subject: 'make ctags' and vim
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:52:28 +0300

Hello

I was playing with 'make ctags' goal of automake, but I couldn't make it
generate a linked tree of tags files, as it happens with emacs-like
`make tags',
The only way to kind-of make all `tags' of the project visible to ViM
was to say

set tags+=../*/tags,../../*/tags,../../*/*/tags

but this is really slow.

How do people work around the lack of 'include' directive of ctags?

Sticking to etags format is not a solution: it doesn't see namespaces and
classes of C++.
I'm writing to this list as there are may be plans to fix `make ctags' goal
to be more ViM friendly, or there is a way of using it that I don't
know of.

Thank you in advance for your help,

-kostja