check-news option

From: Patrick Pélissier
Subject: check-news option
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:48:43 GMT

It is said at
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Options.html#Options:

check-news
    Cause make dist to fail unless the current version number appears in the
first few lines of the NEWS file.

The problem is that it checks only in the first 15 lines:

distdir: $(DISTFILES)
        @case `sed 15q $(srcdir)/NEWS` in \
        *"$(VERSION)"*) : ;; \
        *) \
          echo "NEWS not updated; not releasing" 1>&2; \
          exit 1;; \
        esac

It is not enough for my NEWS file. I have a copyright license (GNU LGPL) before:

Copyright 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Free Software Foundation.
Contributed by the Spaces project, INRIA Lorraine.

This file is part of the MPFR Library.

The MPFR Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version.

The MPFR Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY
or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU Lesser General Public
License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
along with the MPFR Library; see the file COPYING.LIB.  If not, write to
the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston,
MA 02111-1307, USA.

Changes from version 2.1.0 to version 2.2.0:

So how can I specify a higher number for the first lines?
I use automake (GNU automake) 1.9.4.

 Sincerely,
  Patrick Pelissier

C est le moment de dynamiser votre boîte mail en découvrant les offres CaraMail
Max et Pro - http://www.caramail.com