Variable substitution @libexecdir@

From: Bill Moseley
Subject: Variable substitution @libexecdir@
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:59:56 -0800

Sorry, it's been a while since I looked at how this project is being
packaged. ;)

I have a few Makefile.am that include sections like this:

DirTree.pl: DirTree.pl.in
        @rm -f spider.pl
        @sed \
                -e 's,@@perlmoduledir@@,$(libexecdir)/perl,' \
                -e 's,@@swishbindir@@,$(bindir),' \
                -e 's,@@perlbinary@@,$(PERL),' \
                         $(srcdir)/DirTree.pl.in > DirTree.pl

I'm wondering why I'm not letting configure make those substitutions.
@PERL@ is resolved when configure is run, but @bindir@ and
@libexecdir@ end up as:

   bindir = ${exec_prefix}/bin
   libexecdir = ${exec_prefix}/lib/${PACKAGE}

Can those be resolved at *configure* time to full paths?  It would be
nice to make those substitutions at configure time and avoid the need
for the above sed commands in my Makefile.am files.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
address@hidden