Re: Migriting from qmake to autotools

From: Andre Caldas
Subject: Re: Migriting from qmake to autotools
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:54:01 +0900

Hello,

> Any ideas? how should I write Makefile.am so this doesn't happen?

I cannot solve your original, problem... but here is how I build subdirectories: "convenience libraries"

You have subdirectories in this project of yours because you need to organize the sources into groups. Well, you could make each group into a convenience library, and then link them at the end (the top directory will be build last). This does *not* mean you will have to install libraries.

For example:

  SUBDIRS = store colors
  ktoon_SOURCES = main.cpp
  ktoon_LIBADD = store/libstore.la colors/libcolors.la

In store/Makefile.am

  noinst_LTLIBRAIRES = libstore.la
  libstore_la_SOURCES = animation.cpp brush.cpp camera.cpp

I hope you find this useful :-)

Andre Caldas.