Re: SYSCONFDIR: config.h vs. AM_CFLAGS

From: Leonardo Boiko
Subject: Re: SYSCONFDIR: config.h vs. AM_CFLAGS
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:57:31 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
I'm using SYSCONFDIR in one of my C source files. Currently I pass it
through the following definition:

AM_CFLAGS = ... -DSYSCONFDIR=\"@address@hidden"

This is cluttering the gcc command line, so I want to define it in
config.h.

Isn't config.h created at configure time? AFAIK directory installation
variables should only be defined at make time.  See
``info Autoconf "Installation Directory Variables"''.

Maybe you could use instead a dedicated header, created through the
Makefile.  See ``info Autoconf "Defining Directories"''.[2]

--
Leonardo Boiko