Re: adding subdirectories

From: Baurjan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: adding subdirectories
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:39:58 +0100

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:26:36AM +0100, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:
>  Baurjan> Is there a way to specify that binaries should depend
>  Baurjan> on the libraries they are linked with (i.e., that a
>  Baurjan> general LDADD implies general DEPENDENCIES or
>  Baurjan> generates the respective dependencies automatically)?
>
> This is what happens.

Indeed. After playing a little with the actual project, I found out the
difference: I had "LDADD = $(ZZZ_DEFAULT_LIBS)", where the latter was
AC_SUBST'ed, so automake didn't detect the dependencies.

I've tried that, it works great. Thanks much!

One more question: how do I define that "make" alone should build zzz,
and test1..testn should be built only when I do "make check"?

With kind regards,
Baurjan.