Including local macros with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS

From: Rohnny Moland
Subject: Including local macros with ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:46:13 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to include my own local m4 macros to a project. In the automake
documentation I read that the preferred way to do this would be to add the
following line to the Makefile.am file:

ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I m4

..where m4 is the directory where I put my macros. Unfortunately when I run
aclocal, the macros in the m4 directory are not added to aclocal.m4. Am I
missing something here?

If I add the macros to acinclude.m4 it works fine.

I am using SuSE 9.2 and automake 1.9.1-4.

Thanks for any help,

--
Rohnny