Re: 'make clean' is removing too many files

From: Harald Dunkel
Subject: Re: 'make clean' is removing too many files
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:04:14 +0200

Warren Young wrote:
> Harald Dunkel wrote:
>

>> If I add something like
>>
>> lib_LIBRARIES = /some/static/old/lib2install.a
>

> ...then you're probably doing something wrong.  That should probably go
> in LDADD.

No, LDADD does not help.

I have some 3rd party libraries to include into the
install target. Currently I cannot add them to
lib_LIBRARIES, because then make clean removes them
(or at least it tries).

What I would need is either some "noclean_" prefix
for the primaries, or I have to copy all files that
are going to be installed into a local directory.
I don't like neither of these options.

Regards

Harri