Automake and dependency analysis with Sun CC 5.4

From: Stan Guillory
Subject: Automake and dependency analysis with Sun CC 5.4
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:09:42 -0500

Hello,
     Our autoconf builds are disabliing dependency generation and I am
not sure why. We are using
the native Sun compiler, version 5.4. depmode in our generated
Makefiles is set to "none". Comments
in the relevant Automake macros seem to indicate that they might work
with the Sun compiler.
    I also notice that the depcomp wrapper script does have a case to
work with makedepend. But I don't
know how to force Automake to use a depmode of makedepend. Does anyone
have any suggestions on
this one?

Thanks,
Stanford S. Guillory