Re: executable scripts produced by AC_OUTPUT?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: executable scripts produced by AC_OUTPUT?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:02:43 +0200

* Irek Szczesniak wrote on Sun, May 22, 2005 at 04:49:11AM CEST:
> In my configure.in the AC_OUTPUT macro produces the fsclien.sh script.
>  This script does not get installed.  I want this file to have the
> executable permission set.  The file fsclient.sh.in has the right
> permissions, but unfortunately they do not get transferred to fsclient.sh.

Do it like this:
AC_CONFIG_FILES([fsclient.sh], [chmod +x fsclient.sh])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([other config files..])

See
  info Autoconf 'Configuration Files'
for more info.

BTW, this is an Autoconf question rather than an Automake question (but
it's really difficult to tell unless you already know the answer :).

Regards,