Re: multiple AM_INIT_AUTOMAKEs cause problems

From: Christopher Sean Morrison
Subject: Re: multiple AM_INIT_AUTOMAKEs cause problems
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:31:13 -0400

Thanks for the tip and it does look useful, though that doesn't affect whether or not all compilations are run through depcomp does it? Our non-CVS source distributions are easily treated as static sources that won't change much beyond simple build tweaking and minor bug fixing. So the extra include dependency checking (from my perhaps limited understanding and observations) pretty much just slows down the build on those non-CVS source compilations. On several of the older supported systems, a significant compile-time boost is gained by disabling the dependency checking. Any other ideas for conditionally disabling dependency checking? Thanks again..

Cheers!
Sean