Re: multiple AM_INIT_AUTOMAKEs cause problems

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: multiple AM_INIT_AUTOMAKEs cause problems
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:01:11 +0200

>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Sean Morrison <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Christopher> The intent is that if it's not a CVS checkout, I
 Christopher> want dependency tracking disabled by default for
 Christopher> faster builds.  Otherwise, it should be enabled.

Since ./configure supports
`--disable/enable-dependency-tracking', you may simply play with
this option.  No need to mutilate your build tree with
no-dependency (what if your users actually *want* dependency
tracking?).

For instance I imagine something along the lines of the
following would do the trick.

if condition-for-no-dependency-tracking; then
  # disable dependency-tracking by default
  enable_dependency_tracking=${enable_dependency_tracking-no}
fi

(this would go before AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE)
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz