How does one specify -Wall?

From: David Ohlemacher
Subject: How does one specify -Wall?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:13:51 -0400

-Wcategory or --warnings=category
   These options behave exactly like their command-line counterpart
   (see Invoking Automake
   <http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Invoking-Automake>).
   This allows you to enable or disable some warning categories on a
   per-file basis. You can also setup some warnings for your entire
   project; for instance, try AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall]) in your
   configure.ac.

I do not seem to have a configure.ac. Instead I have a configure.in. When I try to add -Wall to it, I get lots of errors.

How does one specify -Wall?

automake (GNU automake) 1.9.2
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.59