Precompiled headers

From: Johan Levin
Subject: Precompiled headers
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:50:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

There hasn't been any discussion about how to use precompiled headers with
automake for quite a while now on this list. When I search the archives I
can't find any proper solution to the problem, only workarounds that don't
work in all scenarios. Has this problem been solved, or don't people use
precompiled headers with automake?

What I want to accomplish is that every .cc file depends on all.h.gch, and
that automake can compile all.h into all.h.gch just the way it compiles
.cc files into .o files, including tracking of dependencis. Does anyone
have an idea on how this can be done?

A different option I've looked at is using unsermake. It appears to
support precompiled headers. Does anyone have any experience with that? (I
guess this is the wrong mailing list for that question, though...)

Thanks in advance.

- Johan