Re: I can't get xxx_AR to work

From: Andreas Buening
Subject: Re: I can't get xxx_AR to work
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:53:46 +0200

Patrik Jonsson wrote:

> I'm trying to convert my little project to autotools, and I'm running
> into the problem that under AIX, to make a 64-bit library, you need to
> pass -X64 as an option to ar. I've tried setting libmcrx_a_AR =
> something, ARFLAGS =something and AR =something in the Makefile.am, but
> no matter how I do this, the Makefile always comes out having:

I had a similar problem and played around with it long time ago.
The simplest (though inconvenient) way is to call 'make AR="ar -X64"'
every time you need it.
Otherwise, you could write some shell code in configure.ac to determine
AR or ARFLAGS and to set them with AC_SUBST. I think this should work.

Andreas