Re: conditionals

From: D M
Subject: Re: conditionals
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:17:20 +0200

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 08:11:51AM -0400, tom fogal wrote:
>  <address@hidden>D M writes:
> >     Is is perfectly legal to have following conditional in
> >Makefile.am:
> >
> >if SOMETHING
> >install-data-local:
> >     anything
> >endif
>
> Looks valid to me, according to
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Conditionals
>
> However I'm a little perplexed as to why you would want to define
> install-data-local. Isnt that a target automake will generate
> automagically for you?

No, it is not defined automatically. However, if a construct like the
one above is apprears in Makefile.am even if condition SOMETHING is
false I end up with empty install-data-local rule. If no
install-data-local rule is present at all it does not appear in
resultant Makefile. So, there has to be some extra logic associated with
conditionals handling, I'm wondering if I do not abuse it somehow.

Thank you for the answer.

--
DM