Re: testcase library

From: ibr
Subject: Re: testcase library
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:54:45 +0200

Hello Stepan,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 08:04:16PM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> some obvious hints:
> I think that if you set variable "LDADD" (without any prefix), it applies
> to all programs in that makefile.
>
> 1) If you have a separate directory for tests, this solves your problem.

I've tried that before, make -j3 was entering testsuite before all the
libraries were built. Ralf asked the make version, it was 3.80, but I
didn't have time to make an example to reproduce.

> 2) Otherwise, if you have many check_PROGRAMS, but only a few normal programs,
> you can set LDADD and overrride
>       foo1_LDADD =
>       foo2_LDADD =
> for regular programs foo1 and foo2.

I could use this as a workaround, thanks!

Would it be worth adding something like check_LDADD?

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.