Files used in EXTRA_DIST not working with distcheck

From: Joshua Moore-Oliva
Subject: Files used in EXTRA_DIST not working with distcheck
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:00:22 -0400

I have two files, cspm.lex and cspm.y that due to circumstances out of my
control need special processing.  The only way I could get them into the
package without automake
automatically processing them was by using the EXTRA_DIST variable, as follows

EXTRA_DIST = cspm.lex cspm.y

I can make dist, and the package works fine.  However, make distcheck always
fails with the following error

bison -v -d cspm.y
bison: cannot open file `cspm.y': No such file or directory

It appears as if distcheck is not including the EXTRA_DIST files in its check.
Is there any way I can force distcheck to include EXTRA_DIST files during
checking?

Thanks, Joshua Moore-Oliva