Re: Portable prefix pattern rules

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Portable prefix pattern rules
Date: 05 Sep 2005 15:02:28 -0600

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian  <address@hidden> writes:

Brian> The following doesn't seem to work:
Brian> SUFFIXES = .moc.cpp

I have never tried it but it is somewhat hard to imagine some versions
of make accepting a suffix with two '.'s in it.

Brian> The only other alternative I see is to enumerate a rule
Brian> containing the actual file names for every single .h to
Brian> .moc.cpp conversion, of which there are hundreds.

Yeah, this is ugly but it works.

IMO, and this is most likely a controversial opinion, it would be
reasonable for automake to have an option allowing it to generate (and
recognize in Makefile.am) code specific to GNU make.

Tom