Re: make depend problem with hello_SOURCES = ${SRCDIR}/hello.c

From: Harald Dunkel
Subject: Re: make depend problem with hello_SOURCES = ${SRCDIR}/hello.c
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:24:14 +0200

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Harald Dunkel wrote:
>
>>Question about make depend:
>>
>>If I set
>>
>>      SRCDIR = ../src
>>      noinst_PROGRAMS = hello
>>      hello_SOURCES = ${SRCDIR}/hello.c
>

> Shouldn't you be using normal VPATH?  That is, you are setting
> hello_SOURCES = ../src/hello.c.  But I don't think you want to do
> that.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish there?  Everything else I will say
> here is speculative and contingent upon this.

I have some common source files that I have to compile and link
several times in different contexts. Actually the Makefile.am
files look more like this:

        hello_SOURCES = \
                $(INTERFACE_DIR)/common_interface.c \
                $(INTERFACE_DIR)/common_interface.h \
                localfile1.c \
                localfile2.c \
                :
        hello_CPPFLAGS = -D$(INTERFACE_FLAG) -I$(INTERFACE_DIR)
        hello_CCFLAGS = -some -flags

There are several Makefile.am files of this kind (>50).

Regards

Harri