Re: Automake and kernel module

From: Jan Kratochvil
Subject: Re: Automake and kernel module
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:44:48 +0900

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:06:59 +0900, Frederic Cazenave wrote:
> I'm newbie in using autotools. I'm try to write a Makefile.am to only
> compile my module.

If you mean "Linux kernel" forget about automake(1).  They use their own broken
build system based on pure GNU make(1), no automake(1) is in use there.
Also you will be generally incompatible if trying to build your own Linux
kernel module by automake(1).  Do something like:
        echo 'obj-m := usbnet.o' >Makefile
        make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=$PWD modules

Regards,
Lace