Re: subdir-objects with FORTRAN and location of objects

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: subdir-objects with FORTRAN and location of objects
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:50:37 +0200

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 03:42:32PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> * Stepan Kasal wrote on Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 11:37:56AM CEST:
> > speaking about this, are there Fortran or F77 compilers which are not
> > able to interpret -c -o?
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2005-01/msg00210.html
> has a really old example.  I'd expect other really old compilers to also
> have this limitation, but could not name one which is in common use.

OK, so it seems that the macros

> >  -- Macro: AC_PROG_F77_C_O
> >  -- Macro: AC_PROG_FC_C_O

should stay in Autoconf, but the doc might say that these days it is safe
to suppose that -c -o just works.

And there is no need why Automake could think about the issue.
There is no need for any AM_* counterpart for these macros.

Thanks for your information,
        Stepan Kasal