make distcheck does not work for me

From: Steve
Subject: make distcheck does not work for me
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:45:00 +0200

Hello,
I want to make a distribution via "make dist".
This work fine for me.
But "make distcheck"  fails...
I also know the problem but so far I dont
know how to solve it.
I have the following directory structure in my distribution:

-------
address@hidden ~/documents/programming/face-0.0.1 $ ls
chrome  components install.js  install.rdf
-------

So the top_srcdir where the configure script is locatet
is not the top_srcdir of my project but it is the components directory...

"make distcheck" fails with the following error:
-----------------------------------
 && make  dist \
 && rm -rf face-0.0.1.tar.gz face-0.0.1.tar.bz2 face-0.0.1.zip \
 && make  distcleancheck
/bin/sh: ../configure: File or directory not found
make: *** [distcheck] Fehler 127

So how I tell automake that it should not execute ../configure
but ../components/configure when running "make distcheck"?
I've also searched the documentation but I did not found anything.

Thanks for your help and time...

Regards

Steve